Before reading these chapters I felt as if in the previous chapters the findings of the missing people and Hanna’s mysterious past of going into the wilderness was a ominous sign. All the events prior to this what was about to happen was just a foreshadowing of someone’s death.
In chapter 21 when the bluebloods and Hanna were making their way up to their camping spot, I found it extremely awkward, and some what scary in the sense that if I were there a grown women who had just mutilated her own hair to start screaming. No normal grown up especially a teacher would be in the right mind to step out of line so far as into start cussing on the top of their lungs, and to have al the others follow. I believe that whole time only Blue stayed in the right mind. Through that I thought for sure through all the anticipation of someone getting killed, I thought it would be the whole group of bluebloods to be killed off by Hanna, and then her committing suicide. Then the author threw that curveball having another person out there in the wilderness with them, followed by a nervous panic of the teens. Normally when people go camping and find that there are other people with in the vicinity they feel comforted to know that should anything happen there will be others close by. But the way the author put it, it confirmed there were going to be deaths, and this time not by Hanna as suspected from the prior information given, of the missing people. What also helped lead the suspicion away from Hanna killing all the kids off was what Lula had said “You could tell she was as scared as I was. But she didn’t want to say so because she thought she had to be an adult, responsible and everything.”(P.325)
When chapter 22 came around thus being the climax, all the earlier suspicions of Hanna going to kill someone were certainly put to rest, when she was found dead by Blue hanging from a tree by her neck. In the beginning of chapter though I still had a slight suspicion that Hanna was going to kill Blue, when Hanna had lead blue out into the middle of nowhere where the rest of the bluebloods were out of sight, and reach should something happen. But instead of Hanna trying to kill Blue she wanted to reveal an important secret about herself to Blue, instead though the author threw the ultimate curve ball and had Hanna run off into the darkness by herself looking for the other person who was suspected of being with in the vicinity of the bluebloods. Having Blue wait for Hanna for some time to return she decided to go back to camp, but ran into Hanna’s dead body hanging from a tree.
Chapter 23 was pretty exciting even though all the action was over, because of the though of what was going to happen next, and with the Bluebloods most likely still out there not knowing what is what. As of this moment part of me suspects this was all an elaborate plan, a mean joke that is being played on Blue; for what reason? I don’t know why, probably because that what mean popular kids do. Also what does not help is the idea that all these kids had disturbing pasts which would have seriously messed with their heads. The other part of me that does not suspect a mean elaborate joke, believes that this is a real killing, but what bothers me about it was that from what I can see there is no motive behind it.
Just these back couple chapters have had me re-evaluating everything I have read so far, due to all those curveballs being throw. They have really kept me on my toes, making me go back pages to reread what I though what was what. No other book I have ever read has ever been this mind boggling as this, either that or I am just over evaluating everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment